• Official name: Republic of Zimbabwe.
• Population: 11 million.
• Situation: Southern Africa.
• Timezone: GMT + 2.
• Area: 391,090 square kilometres / 150,961 square miles.
• Borders with: Botswana, Mozambique, Malawi, South Africa.
• Coasts: None.
• Capital: Harare.
• Major Towns: Bulawayo, Gweru, Mutare.
• Chief Port: None. Served through Beira (Mozambique) when this route has been open.
• Physical: The Limpopo River to the south
forms the border with South Africa; in the north west the Zambezi River,
including the Victoria Falls, forms the border with Zambia. A range of
mountains and highlands with Mt Inyangani at 2,592 meters / 8504 feet
forms the eastern border. There is a high central plateau between the
Limpopo and the Zambezi.